When the Soash Land Company founded Olton in 1908, lots were provided for a school, church and bank. Residents of the new town erected a Union church for all denominations about 1909. Soon afterward, they purchased a 950-pound steel bell. Its tones called worshipers from miles around. In 1928, a tornado destroyed the bell tower.
The Methodist congregation bought the bell and moved it to a new building at 10th and Avenue E in 1934. In 1958 they sold the property and bell to the Church of the Nazarene.