An accident is sparking a warning from the Lubbock Fire Marshal, after a 2-year-old girl suffered second degree burns on 50% of her body.
Investigators say a sparkler was to blame. It is believed the 2-year-old accidentally spilled gasoline on herself Saturday evening in the 5800 block of 75th street.
The child caught on fire when she came in contact with a 17-year-old who was playing with a sparkler nearby.
Investigators have determined the fire was accidental. The child was taken to UMC where she remained in critical condition Sunday evening.
The fire marshal says the 17-year-old should not have been playing with the sparkler since fireworks are illegal within the city limits.
If you are caught with firecrackers inside the city limits, you will receive a ticket and your firecrackers will be confiscated.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Fireworks Safety Tips