Child Injured In Sparkler Accident - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

7/1/07

Child Injured In Sparkler Accident

An accident is sparking a warning from the Lubbock Fire Marshal, after a 2-year-old girl suffered second degree burns on 50% of her body.

Investigators say a sparkler was to blame. It is believed the 2-year-old accidentally spilled gasoline on herself Saturday evening in the 5800 block of 75th street.

The child caught on fire when she came in contact with a 17-year-old who was playing with a sparkler nearby.

Investigators have determined the fire was accidental. The child was taken to UMC where she remained in critical condition Sunday evening.

The fire marshal says the 17-year-old should not have been playing with the sparkler since fireworks are illegal within the city limits.

If you are caught with firecrackers inside the city limits, you will receive a ticket and your firecrackers will be confiscated.

get more>> Web Enhanced
Fireworks Safety Tips
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issues these safety tips for all Americans.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.