A memorial benefit and fund are now in place to help the family of a Lubbock 2-year-old who was fatally injured in a fireworks accident.
Jaeden Hart died Thursday, after suffering second degree burns to more than 50% of her body Saturday. The toddler had apparently been playing with a gas can earlier in the day. She caught fire later when a sibling was playing with a sparkler nearby.
A fund has been set up to help the family. You can make donations at any American State Bank branch. Also, area paramedics, firefighters and business owners are throwing a benefit next weekend in honor of little Jaeden. There will be live music and lots of food. That's at 2309 North Frankford July 14th from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Admission is $20 for adults, and kids 12-years-old and under, get in free.