Lubbock tests show it was a lake amoeba that killed 22-year-old Colby Sawyer. But, the Texas Department of State Health Services is waiting for more tests to make a final determination.
Friday, the Lubbock medical examiner announced that it was an amoeba that caused the fatal infection.
The 22-year-old died last Monday after coming down with an ear infection that started just days after a wake-boarding accident at Lake LBJ near Austin.
The state says it's not disputing Lubbock's test results but is awaiting more tests before making its final call.
Mysterious Death Autopsy Complete, Lake LBJ Connection Possible
The Lubbock Medical Examiner comments on the mysterious death of a 22-year-old Lubbock man. Colby Sawyer died Monday, after a sudden illness following a trip to Lake LBJ near Austin.