Cat Starts North Lubbock House Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock


Cat Starts North Lubbock House Fire

New developments in the overnight house fire in North Lubbock. We have learned that a cat is the culprit behind the fire that destroyed the home at 509 North Gary.

Investigators say a cat apparently knocked a kerosene lamp over around 10:30 p.m. Monday night starting a fire that took Lubbock firefighters nearly two hours to put out. The homeowner, Jimmy Anderson, was able to escape but not without burning himself. We understand he has second-degree burns on his hands.

Lubbock Animal Services found three cats dead at the home. We are not sure if it was one of those cats that knocked over the lamp. We understand there were several cats out there.

Late Tuesday afternoon Anderson returned to the remains of his home after being released from UMC. We are told Anderson is staying with neighbors.

Lubbock Red Cross
Learn more about the South Plains Regional Chapter of the American Red Cross.

Powered by Frankly