Texas Tech Students React To Tech's Win Over Oklahoma - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/18/07

Texas Tech Students React To Tech's Win Over Oklahoma

The Texas Tech Football team wasn't the only ones celebrating Saturday night's win against the Oklahoma Sooners. Across campus Sunday, Tech students were sharing their own play by plays of Saturday night's victory from beginning to end.

"Walking into the game I wasn't sure about our outcome, especially after the first drive with the 63 yard touchdown interception return," says Matt Sellers, a Texas Tech student.

"I was thinking Oklahoma is pretty tough and they have three good running backs, if Tech doesn't show up, it could be a quick game," says Joe With, a Texas Tech student.

"I was hoping we'd give them a close game, but I never expected this," says Trent Gonzales, a Texas Tech student.

But the Texas Tech football team rallied and pulled off the unexpected, defeating the number three ranked Oklahoma Sooners Saturday night.

"I was taken back. Where has this team been all year," says With.

"It was really fantastic to see us upset a top-ten or top-five team like that. It's something we haven't done in quite a few years," says Sellers.

"Toward the end of the game my friend turned to me and was like, 'Dude we got to rush the field. We got to do it,'" says With.

With thousands of students rushing the field, authorities were also forced to play defense Saturday night. NewsChannel 11's cameras caught one trooper shove a student while another trooper used her baton to push students back.

"I did come in contact with a sheriff and he tried to tackle me but I managed to escape," says Sellers.

"I saw these cops come out and I was like I don't know about this I don't want to go to jail for running on a football field. A couple guys in front of me did it and so my friend and I jumped over and sprinted to center field," says With. "ESPN had their cameras rolling. It was fun."

"It looked like the cops were trying to stop some people. It looked like one guy was arrested. I think there were too many kids to do anything," says Gonzalez.

"They were just a presence. They (authorities) were all smiling," says Karen Ross, a Texas Tech student.

Texas Tech football fans should be smiling even bigger in a few weeks time, when bowl games scenarios are decided.

NewsChannel 11 tried to contact Texas Tech security officials, but we were unable to reach them for comment.

RaiderZone.com
TechFroBros.com
Fear the Fro is their motto and they can be found whooping it up for their favorite team at Texas Tech sporting events.  Learn more about the FRO BROS!

Dem, GOP leaders to get classified briefings on Russia probe

Thursday, May 24 2018 12:42 AM EDT2018-05-24 04:42:28 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 1:45 PM EDT2018-05-24 17:45:50 GMT
    (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). In this May 23, 2018, photo, President Donald Trump speaks to the media before boarding the Marine One helicopter on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington. Two House lawmakers who are allies of President Donald Tr...(AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). In this May 23, 2018, photo, President Donald Trump speaks to the media before boarding the Marine One helicopter on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington. Two House lawmakers who are allies of President Donald Tr...

A briefing Thursday about classified documents will be for just two Republican House members, both Trump allies, as Trump and his supporters in Congress press for information on the outside informant.

Probe: Missile that downed MH17 came from Russia-based unit

Thursday, May 24 2018 5:32 AM EDT2018-05-24 09:32:04 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 1:44 PM EDT2018-05-24 17:44:57 GMT
    The passenger jet was headed from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when it was was blown out of the sky over eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014. All 298 passengers and crew were killed. (Source: CNN)The passenger jet was headed from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when it was was blown out of the sky over eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014. All 298 passengers and crew were killed. (Source: CNN)

An international team of investigators say that detailed analysis of video images has established that the Buk missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 nearly four years ago came from a Russia-based military unit.

N. Korea demolishes nuclear test site as journalists watch

Thursday, May 24 2018 6:32 AM EDT2018-05-24 10:32:00 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 1:44 PM EDT2018-05-24 17:44:15 GMT
    Journalists took a long journey up to North Korea to witness the destruction of what North Korea said were nuclear sites. (Source: CNN)Journalists took a long journey up to North Korea to witness the destruction of what North Korea said were nuclear sites. (Source: CNN)

North Korea has carried out what it says is the demolition of its nuclear test site in the presence of foreign journalists.