Space Heater Causes Fire In Abernathy - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

12/17/07

Space Heater Causes Fire In Abernathy

Posted:

An overnight fire in Abernathy left a family of seven without a home.

The fire broke out around 4 a.m. Monday morning in the 1200 block of Avenue B, in Abernathy. The fire gutted one room, and caused smoke damage throughout the rest of the house. One of the children alerted his parents to a fire in his room, and everyone was able to get out in time.

Home owner Tony Guzman says, "Everybody got out fine. It was a close call for my two boys, but everybody got out just fine."

Firefighters say a space heater caused the fire, and want to remind people that space heaters need at least three feet of room around them to be safe.

 

Staying Safe Around Your Home
The Lubbock Police Department put together this useful manual. It's a checklist of what you can look for around your home to keep you and your family safe.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.