Toxicology tests now confirm what a Lubbock mother has said all along. The Lubbock Medical Examiner reports that 19-year-old Jonathan Trevino died of natural causes.
Friends found Trevino not breathing and without a heartbeat outside a home in the 5500 block of 1st Place on August 7, 2007. EMS took him to University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators thought alcohol may have contributed to Trevino's death, but his mother never believed that. Friends told her they went to a local restaurant that night and shared four pitchers of beer.
A toxicology test revealed Trevino had no alcohol in his blood, and only a small amount in his urine. The tests also showed Trevino took ibuprofen, but they did not find any other drugs in his system.
Police Believe Alcohol May Be To Blame In Lubbock Teen's Death
Lubbock Police now say alcohol may be to blame in the death of Lubbock teen. According to police reports, Jonathan Trevino had been drinking and passed out. He was taken to UMC where he was pronounced dead.