Extension Cord Causes Two Alarm Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

12/28/07

Extension Cord Causes Two Alarm Fire

Posted:

An extension cord running between two apartments causes a two alarm fire early Friday morning.

The fire started in an upstairs apartment at 1314 East 7th Street around 1 a.m.  Neither apartment had smoke detectors, so a neighbor called 911 reporting smoke coming from the corner apartment.

The fire marshall's office says one apartment without power was using the extension cord to get electrical power from the other apartment.

The cord sparked and set something near it on fire.

An elderly man that lived in one of the apartments was taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.

Staying Safe Around Your Home
The Lubbock Police Department put together this useful manual. It's a checklist of what you can look for around your home to keep you and your family safe.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.