Holiday Dinner Responsible for New Year's Day House Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/4/08

Holiday Dinner Responsible for New Year's Day House Fire

A fund is in place to help a Lubbock family who lost everything in a New Year's Day house fire.

Around 5:30 a.m., the Lubbock Fire Department responded to a house at 21st and Avenue S. Thick smoke poured out of the home as fire crews put out the flames.

The Lubbock Fire Marshal's office has since determined that grease from a holiday turkey had ignited the oven. From there, the fire spread quickly.

Leonard and Theresa Mojica began the new year with only the clothes on their backs, losing everything they own.

A fund is now in place to help this family get back on their feet. If you would like to contribute, you can do so at any branch of Bank of America.

KCBDToGo.com For Your Mobile Devices
Get the latest news, weather, sports and more on your mobile phone or PDA with KCBDToGo.com.

Powered by Frankly