A Lubbock man is homeless, after his home went up in flames early Saturday morning.
Fire investigators are calling the mobile home located in the 1900 block of North Tulip a complete loss.
Lubbock and Idalou Firefighters responded to the fire around 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning. It took almost an hour to extinguish the flames due to windy weather conditions.
An elderly man was inside the mobile home when the fire broke out, but he escaped unharmed. The man has since been taken in by the Red Cross.
Fire investigators say a kerosene heater, or faulty electrical wiring may have caused the fire. However, this investigation is ongoing.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
What You Can Do to Prepare for Disaster