NewsChannel 11 and Ashley Furniture want to send you to watch Playhouse Disney Live!
Celebrate with your Playhouse Disney pals when Playhouse Disney Live! comes to Lubbock! In this brand new live show, you're invited to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as Mickey plans a spectacular music party for all his friends. The Little Einsteins set off on a musical mission around the world to find a song for the party - with the help of Rocket, of course! Pooh, Tigger and Darby spring into action to search for music in the Hundred Acre Wood, and Handy Manny and his team of tools find the perfect party beat. Laugh, sing and play along 'cause your favorite Playhouse Disney pals are live on stage and you're invited to join the party!
Just go by Ashley Furniture at 5026 Frankford Avenue and register to win a family four pack of tickets!
Blast off to adventure at City Bank Auditorium on Friday January 25th!
PLAYHOUSE DISNEY LIVE! BRINGS DISNEY CHANNEL FAVORITES TOGETHER ON STAGE TO 70 U.S. CITIES IN THEIR FIRST LIVE TOURING PRODUCTION
Playhouse Disney Live!, the first U.S. live touring stage production featuring favorite characters from four shows in Disney Channel's popular Playhouse Disney program block for preschoolers launched a 70-city tour this past September. On Friday, January 25th, the excitement hits Lubbock at the City Bank Auditorium!
Produced by Feld and his daughter, Alana Feld, for Feld Entertainment, in conjunction with Disney Theatrical Productions, the show spotlights characters from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins and Handy Manny, as well as the stars of a new show, My Friends Tigger & Pooh.
Playhouse Disney Live! represents the first time that characters from this enormously popular block of Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney programs will be together on the same stage, creating interactive moments for children and their families. The original storyline follows this colorful cast as they set off in their own unique ways to create and contribute songs and music for an unforgettable musical party at Mickey's Clubhouse.
''Playhouse Disney Live! brings these TV shows to life and engages children in an inspiring experience with the characters they love to watch on Disney Channel every day,'' said Producer Kenneth Feld. ''They will feel as if the Playhouse Disney stars jumped out of the screen and onto the stage right before their eyes. From Mickey and pals to the globe-trotting Little Einsteins, everyone comes together to share the universal language of music with children everywhere.''
''We are excited to bring these popular Disney Channel shows together in a live production that will tour an unprecedented 70 cities in one year,'' said Producer Alana Feld. ''We combine all of the familiar faces that families already know and love in an original storyline that is jam-packed with upbeat music, singing and dancing, from our very own Playhouse Boogie dance to the well-known favorite Hot Dog! song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.''
Rich Ross, President, Disney Channel Worldwide, said, ''We're thrilled that this wonderful new stage tour will extend the connection preschoolers and parents have with our Playhouse Disney storytelling and that through it, families can share the unique experience of a live stage production and their favorite Playhouse Disney music and characters.''
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is the top-rated series on basic cable among kids 2-5, followed by Handy Manny in the number two spot*. Little Einsteins ranks #1 in its primary time period among all basic cable with kids 2-5, girls 2-5 and boys 2-5, beating other children's programming in head-to-head competition.*1
To produce Playhouse Disney Live!, the Feld father-daughter duo called upon the talents of a creative team consisting of:
- Nancy Gregory (Director/Choreographer) Directed such Hollywood films as The Little Rascals and Harry and the Hendersons, and served as music producer for the 1990s revival of The Mickey Mouse Club
- Kevin Campbell (Writer) Writer for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, House of Mouse and the upcoming Untitled Clone Wars TV series in collaboration with Producer George Lucas
- John Morgan (Lighting Designer) Two-time Emmy® Award-winning lighting designer whose projects span from TV shows to live concerts and theatrical events, and include Doodlebops Live! and Fox's American Idol
- Scott Lane (Costume Designer) Designed for several Disney On Ice productions including Disney On Ice presents Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo and Disney On Ice presents Disney/Pixar's Monsters, Inc., and worked for seven years with the Tournament of Roses Parade
- Jeff Hall (Production Designer) Contributed his talent to establish the current look of the NFL Channel network and designed a number of reality TV show homes, including those found in America's Next Top Model, Last Comic Standing and Project Runway.