Lubbock Apartment Fire Started by Children Smoking in Bathroom - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/16/07

Lubbock Apartment Fire Started by Children Smoking in Bathroom

Posted:

Two pre-teens, allegedly smoking in a bathroom, are to blame for a fire at the Woodcrest Apartments at 66th and Chicago.

Fire officials tell NewsChannel 11 that the 10 and 12 year old girls put the cigarette butts in the bathroom wastebasket and then left for school. Around 8:30 a.m., the mother awakened to the smell of smoke. She suffered burns to her hands, while trying to get the trash can out of the apartment. EMS took her to the hospital.

There was little damage done to the apartment.

KcbdToGo.com For Your Cell Phone
Get the latest news, weather, sports and more on your mobile phone or PDA with KCBDToGo.com.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.