Lubbock Firefighters fought two separate house fires within four hours of each other Saturday.
Fire investigators say a home in the 1300 Block of Ursuline went up in flames around 9:15 a.m. Saturday morning. The gas can the owner was using to start a fire in the fireplace accidentally caught fire.
The flames quickly spread through the house. Fire investigators are calling the home a total loss.
The owner escaped but did suffer minor burns.
Just four hours later firefighters responded to a home at 2006 Avenue L.
Fire investigators say a candle burnt down too far causing some furniture to catch fire.
Investigators say there is extensive smoke damage to the home. The owner was taken by ambulance to the hospital with minor injuries.
|Lubbock Red Cross|