Hotel employees and guests were allowed to return to the Ramada Inn after lunch Thursday.
Around 11 a.m., everyone was evacuated from the building, after people complained of skin itchiness resulting from something in the air.
Hazmat crews determined that the chemicals actually came from cleanup crews working in the motel.
"Blackmon Mooring is in here cleaning the duct working," said Kelly Morman, Battalion Chief. "They're doing a lot of work here on the motel right now and I think it's just some stuff in the air. There really was no hazard."
The cleanup stems from a fire in one of the rooms last Friday. Emergency crews recommended the motel finish their cleanup operations, before guests be allowed to stay in that part of the building.
|KcbdToGo.com For Your Cell Phone|