An Abernathy family wants the maker of a tainted chili sauce to pay up.
NewsChannel 11 first told you about this story in Summer 2007, when two Abernathy students became severely ill after eating a can of Castleberry's Austex Hot Dog Chili Sauce. Both were infected with botulism.
Castleberry recalled millions of cans of chili, hash, and stew, after the FDA determined the company did not properly cook some of its products, allowing the botulism bacteria to grow in the cans.
The family is suing Castleberry and its parent company, Bumble Bee Foods, for medical and other expenses.
The case moved to federal court Thursday. The family claims the company was negligent, while the manufactures denies liability.
|Using Care When Grilling|