Abernathy Family Sues Chili Maker Responsible for Botulism Last Year - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

3/28/08

Abernathy Family Sues Chili Maker Responsible for Botulism Last Year

Posted:

An Abernathy family wants the maker of a tainted chili sauce to pay up.

NewsChannel 11 first told you about this story in Summer 2007, when two Abernathy students became severely ill after eating a can of Castleberry's Austex Hot Dog Chili Sauce. Both were infected with botulism.

Castleberry recalled millions of cans of chili, hash, and stew, after the FDA determined the company did not properly cook some of its products, allowing the botulism bacteria to grow in the cans.

The family is suing Castleberry and its parent company, Bumble Bee Foods, for medical and other expenses.

The case moved to federal court Thursday. The family claims the company was negligent, while the manufactures denies liability.

Using Care When Grilling
Learn safety tips about Outdoor Grilling, Gas Grilling, and Charcoal Grilling.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.