Three tops and two lows this time around. Let's begin with how the cookie crumbles for our perfect scorers, fresh out of the oven, here's another edition of NewsChannel 11's Food for Thought.
We start with Texas Creme Donuts at 6606 West 19th St. No holes in this one, they've got a perfect score with zero critical violations.
Cookie Bouquet at 3310 82nd Street is also on top this week with no critical violations.
The bar at the Lubbock Club at 1510 Broadway is a Top Performer at the top of the Wells Fargo Building, they also got a perfect score.
Our first low performer this week is Rocita's at 3501 Avenue A. Inspectors found six critical violations. Violations including:
- An unmarked spray bottle and a can in unsound condition.
- Ready to eat food was found without a date mark.
- Thermometers were not found in all cooling units.
- The temperature in a walk in cooler was 49.2 degrees, the temperature must be 45 degrees or cooler.
- The inspector also found beans at 81 degrees which did not comply with proper cooking temperatures.
The manager at Rocita's told us all violations have been corrected.
Our next low performer is Rosa's at 3115 50th Street. Inspectors found six critical violations.
- Cold foods being held at improper temperatures, grated cheese was found at 49 degrees, cold foods should be kept at 45 degrees or cooler.
- Hot foods were found at potentially hazardous temperatures. Fajita beef and chicken were found off temperature, in the drive through line at 130 degrees and the dine in line at 120 degrees. Hot foods should be held at 140 degrees or warmer.
- Employees were found not washing their hands between job duties and employees were not washing their hands prior to putting on gloves.
- Employees were drinking from open containers on the food prep line.
- Raw chicken was found stored above ready to eat foods and fajita meat was not covered during storage.
- The food prep surface had a used apron and cap stored on it. Toxic items were not properly stored, lighter fluid for a grill was stored above a food prep surface.
Other violations included dirty dishes stored above bucket sanitizer, heavily soiled shelves in a walk in and a heavily soiled back splash on a hot line.
The manager at Rosa's told us all violations have been corrected.