Families Left Homeless After Fire at Apartment Complex - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

4/21/08

Families Left Homeless After Fire at Apartment Complex

Posted:

The Red Cross is helping families left homeless after a fire rips through a south Lubbock apartment complex. The fire started just before 7 p.m. Sunday night at the Waterside Village Apartments at 66th and Avenue W. Family members say a child accidentally burned some noodles in the microwave.

Marie Rubio said her grandchild was cooking Ramen noodles in the microwave with no water. They put the container on the back patio and it caught fire.

The fire soon spread to the roof. It destroyed three apartments, and damaged several others. No one was injured in the fire.

Lubbock Red Cross
Learn more about the South Plains Regional Chapter of the American Red Cross.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.