Children's Miracle Network Continues To Change Lives - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

5/1/08

Children's Miracle Network Continues To Change Lives

Thursday night's Children's Miracle Network 25th Anniversary Celebration event was a very exciting start to this 25th year of saving and changing children's lives on the South Plains.

Among the many CMN children there Thursday, one in particular personifies the reason CMN exists.

"I'm 19, so I've been here 11 years," said Children's Miracle Network success story Kristin Lewis, a sophomore at Texas Tech.

"I've been involved with CMN since 1997," Kristin said.

She was 8 years old then and she had just been diagnosed with cancer.

"I was told when I was diagnosed, if I would have been diagnosed three years earlier I wouldn't have made it because the technology and the medications weren't available," Kristin said.

On Thursday night, Kristin's success made her part of the 25th CMN Celebration.

"I'm going to be introduced with KLLL. I was one of the first Miracle Children with the radio-thon 10 years ago," she said.

And because of her success and how she says, CMN saved her life; she's decided to make a career decision.

"Because of CMN I've decided this is the career path I want to take. I want to work with the Children's Miracle Network," Kristin said.

With the hope that, just like hers, many more lives will be saved by the hands of CMN doctors and by the hearts of CMN donors.

Though Thursday night's event kicked off the celebration, you'll have to wait until the last weekend of May for the telethon. It of course will be broadcast right here on NewsChannel 11.

Children's Miracle Network - Lubbock Site
Learn more about how CMN helps children on the South Plains and the UMC Children's Hospital.

House GOP passes $788B bill for Pentagon, border wall

Thursday, July 27 2017 12:48 PM EDT2017-07-27 16:48:59 GMT
    Thursday, July 27 2017 8:51 PM EDT2017-07-28 00:51:37 GMT
    The House passed a $788 billion spending bill Thursday that combines a $1.6 billion down payment for President Donald Trump's controversial border wall with Mexico with a whopping budget increase for the Pentagon. (Source: CNN)The House passed a $788 billion spending bill Thursday that combines a $1.6 billion down payment for President Donald Trump's controversial border wall with Mexico with a whopping budget increase for the Pentagon. (Source: CNN)

The GOP-controlled House is plowing ahead on legislation to give the Pentagon a massive spending boost and deliver a $1.6 billion down payment for President Donald Trump's oft-promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Russia sanctions bill exposes Trump's legislative tug of war

Thursday, July 27 2017 3:58 AM EDT2017-07-27 07:58:45 GMT
    Thursday, July 27 2017 8:50 PM EDT2017-07-28 00:50:25 GMT
    President Donald Trump is likely to sign a tough new sanctions bill that includes proposed measures targeting Russia.

Senate GOP seeks assurances House won't make health bill law

Thursday, July 27 2017 4:49 AM EDT2017-07-27 08:49:08 GMT
    Thursday, July 27 2017 8:50 PM EDT2017-07-28 00:50:18 GMT

Senate Republicans are abandoning hope of truly replacing 'Obamacare' and might settle for a much more modest 'skinny repeal.'