We are sharing the story of one of our Children's Miracle Network Kids named M'Mitt Coombs (pronounced Emmitt Combs).
M'Mitt is a two-year-old cowboy from Hobbs, New Mexico, with a lot of character. In January, he was burned by hot cereal when he was trying to help his grandmother in the kitchen. The cereal fell right on top of him causing second-degree burns on his face, arms, chest, and hands.
Cynthia Hester, a registered nurse in the UMC Burn Intensive Care Unit, says that this should be a reminder to parents that young kids do not belong in the kitchen when food is being prepared. She told KCBD, "When we go from the stove to the sink, which is usually opposite direction you're carrying hot liquids, grease, any type of food you're preparing, you could have a kid underneath your feet and you're going to trip."
M'Mitt continues to receive care at UMC. KCBD will let you know how he is doing this weekend during the CMN Telethon.
|Donate Online to the Children's Miracle Network|