Several sporting events, including an NFL game, two baseball games, some major-college football games and a women's professional basketball game, were rescheduled as Hurricane Ike approached the Texas coast Thursday.
A look at some of the affected games:
- Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens:
game scheduled for 4:15 p.m. Sunday has been moved to Monday at 8:30 p.m..
Major League Baseball
- Houston Astros vs. Chicago Cubs:
First two games of weekend series postponed. No makeup dates set.
- Arkansas vs. No. 8 Texas:
postponed until Sept. 27.
- Washington State vs. Baylor:
moved from Saturday to Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- Stanford vs. TCU:
kickoff Saturday moved from 6 p.m. to noon.
- Air Force vs. Houston:
moved from Houston to Dallas, at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Sam Houston State vs. Prairie View A&M:
Saturday's game canceled.
- Texas A&M-Kingsville vs. Central Oklahoma:
moved to 2 p.m. Saturday in Edmond, Oklahoma
- Mary Hardin-Baylor vs. Southern Nazarene:
moved to Friday night at 6 p.m.
- Abilene Christian vs. Texas A&M-Commerce:
changed to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Hardin-Simmons vs. Linfield:
moved from 6 p.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Kentucky Wesleyan vs. Stephen F. Austin:
Saturday's game postponed. No new date set.
- The WNBA game in Houston on Friday between the Comets and Sacramento Monarchs: postponed. It will most likely be rescheduled for Monday, depending on the severity of the storm.
- Cross country meet at Texas A&M: postponed until Sept. 19.
- West Texas A&M men's soccer game vs. St. Mary's University:
Wednesday's game has been postponed.
- The Abilene Christian vs. St. Mary's women's soccer game canceled.
- Stephen F. Austin University, Texas Southern University and Houston Baptist University: canceled or postponed all weekend athletic activities.