A north Texas teenager is recovering in the hospital after he was shot in the face Sunday afternoon. Police say the boy was shot when he and a friend were playing with a handgun inside a home in Haltom City. Investigators don't expect to file charges in the case. They say it was an accidental shooting. Doctors say the boy should make a full recovery.
Mold in a dorm at the University of Texas-San Antonio has forced several students to pack up and move into a motel. The mold is toxic and can cause breathing problems. However, experts say it is fairly easy to clean. Last May, 450 students were evacuated because of mold in the same building, but officials say the two infestations are unrelated.
The heat in Houston led to the death of a baby girl. Neighbors found the six month-old inside this car on Sunday. Temperatures that day reached 107 degrees. Police say the baby was in the car for at least four hours. The family apparently went into the apartment and took a nap, leaving the baby in the car.