Cigarette Fire Scorches Side of House - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

9/2/02

Cigarette Fire Scorches Side of House

Fire ruined a quiet Labor Day for a couple of roommates. At about 11 a.m. Monday morning, the south side of their house at 46th St. and I-27 went up in flames. Investigators believe it started when one of the men living there threw out a cigarette. The cigarette likely caught a pile of trash on fire, which spread to the fence and eventually the house.

Even though it looks bad from the outside, firefighters say there is very little interior damage. There were no injuries.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.