An overloaded circuit sparked a fire in East Lubbock overnight. Flames broke out at the Lubbock Housing Authority's maintenance shop on East 19th Street around 11:30 p.m.
Firefighters doused the flames in about 40 minutes. Investigators with the Fire Marshal's office remained on scene until early this morning. At first, they thought the fire could be suspicious due to an open door at the facility, but they later determined an overloaded circuit in the office area sparked the blaze, and an electric door opener in the office lifted the door.
Authorities estimate the fire caused more than $50,000 in damage.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Crime Prevention Tips for You and Your Home