Flames gutted a portion of a central Lubbock quadraplex Wednesday afternoon. The fire started around 4 p.m. near 43rd Street and Avenue J.
Garrett Nelson with the Lubbock Fire Marshal's Office tells NewsChannel 11 a window air conditioning unit shorted and started the fire. Flames then spread through two of the four units in the quadraplex.
Nelson says one person was inside one of the units when the fire broke out. The other renter was not at home at the time. Nelson says the facility's owner has set up temporary housing for the victims.
|Courts & Crime|