Apartment Fire Leaves One Homeless - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/14/09

Apartment Fire Leaves One Homeless

Posted:

One resident is without a home after a Wednesday afternoon fire at a Central Lubbock apartment complex. The fire broke out around four o'clock at the Galaxy Apartments at 43rd and Avenue J.

Garett Nelson with the Fire Marshal's Office says the fire was caused by an air-conditioning unit. "Air conditioner type unit in the window to the kitchen. For some reason, it overheated, and caused a fire on some combustible material that just below it on the inside, fell out and started an additional fire on the outside," said Nelson.

The displaced resident was inside at the time of the fire, but was able to get out unharmed. The owners of the apartments have put him up in a hotel for the time being.

1/14/09
Fire Destroys Two Units In Central Lubbock Complex
Flames gutted a portion of a central Lubbock quadraplex Wednesday afternoon. The fire started around 4 p.m. near 43rd Street and Avenue J.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.