This wintery weather has people doing extra to stay warm, but that heat can also be a hazard. Lubbock firefighters responded to a house fire in the 2300 block of North Paris, just after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Though the official cause hasn't been determined yet, Battalion Chief Kelly Morman believes a space heater is to blame. "Sometimes people get a little careless when they're trying to heat their homes. If you leave home and you got portable heaters turned on, be sure to turn them off," says Morman.
No one was home when the fire broke out; the residents said they left the house just an hour before.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Wildfire Prevention Tips