Space Heater Possible Cause of House Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/27/09

Space Heater Possible Cause of House Fire

Posted:

This wintery weather has people doing extra to stay warm, but that heat can also be a hazard. Lubbock firefighters responded to a house fire in the 2300 block of North Paris, just after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Though the official cause hasn't been determined yet, Battalion Chief Kelly Morman believes a space heater is to blame. "Sometimes people get a little careless when they're trying to heat their homes. If you leave home and you got portable heaters turned on, be sure to turn them off," says Morman.

No one was home when the fire broke out; the residents said they left the house just an hour before.

get more>> Web Enhanced
Wildfire Prevention Tips
Here are some helpful tips to follow when visiting areas where wildland fires can ignite.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.