Investigators Determine Official Cause of House Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/28/09

Investigators Determine Official Cause of House Fire

Posted:

As of Wednesday, a space heater is officially ruled as the cause of a house fire Tuesday night that left a Lubbock family homeless.

The fire started just after 6:30 p.m. in 2300 block of North Paris. The family was gone for about an hour when the fire broke out, so luckily there were no injuries. The family reports that a space heater was left on and unattended inside the home.

A fund has been set up to help the Hinojosa family. Donations to the Carmen Hinojosa Family Fund can be made at any Bank of America branch.

1/27/09
Space Heater Possible Cause of House Fire
This wintery weather has people doing extra to stay warm, but that heat can also be a hazard.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.