As of Wednesday, a space heater is officially ruled as the cause of a house fire Tuesday night that left a Lubbock family homeless.
The fire started just after 6:30 p.m. in 2300 block of North Paris. The family was gone for about an hour when the fire broke out, so luckily there were no injuries. The family reports that a space heater was left on and unattended inside the home.
A fund has been set up to help the Hinojosa family. Donations to the Carmen Hinojosa Family Fund can be made at any Bank of America branch.
Space Heater Possible Cause of House Fire
This wintery weather has people doing extra to stay warm, but that heat can also be a hazard.