Lubbock Fire Marshals Identify Source of Motel Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

2/3/09

Lubbock Fire Marshals Identify Source of Motel Fire

Posted:

The Lubbock Fire Marshals Office says the cause of Monday's motel fire was an electrical failure.

The blaze started in the attic of the Villa Motel, just after 6 p.m. Monday evening. When  firefighters arrived, they found smoke pouring from the second floor. One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

An entire wing was filled with smoke, but only four rooms actually burned. Investigators put the damage estimates at about $100,000.

2/2/09
Motel Fire Starts in Attic
Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming out of one of the second story rooms of the Villa Motel on Avenue Q.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.