Food for Thought: 1/31/2019
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Out of nearly 70 kitchens and cafeterias inspected by the Lubbock health inspectors there are only two stops on the menu this week: one at the top and one at the bottom.
China Star Asian Buffet at 1919 50th had 12 violations.
- Cooked rice was thrown out because it was not properly cooled. This can cause bacteria growth.
- Raw fish and sausage were not 41 degrees or below.
- A pan of cooked chicken was directly on top of chicken in a pan below it. A pan of diced onions was on top of a pan of cilantro.
- Multiple utensils were dirty.
- A spray chemical was not labeled. Other toxic items were not properly stored.
- A waste-line pipe was leaking oil under the wok.
- There were no paper towels at a hand wish sink, and there were food particles in the sink. Hand wash stations are for hand washing only to prevent cross contamination.
- Several areas in the kitchen were dirty or were not in good repair.
- Several areas in the kitchen were not in good repair.
- The walls and floors of the kitchen were dirty.
- Buckets of butter, sauce and food were stored on the floor of the walk-in cooler and freezer.
The inspector notes, due to the number and the nature of the violations management did not show proper food safety knowledge.
The report shows several of the violations were corrected during the inspection.
Now to the good news.
Here’s this week’s only top performer:
Smoothie King at 3723 19th
Copyright 2019 KCBD. All rights reserved.