LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Each week health inspector check-out dozens of Lubbock restaurants to make sure they’re keeping clean.
Most of those are routine inspections, but some of those inspections come as the result of a complaint. And, that’s how this week’s only low performer landed on the list.
McDonald’s at 3403 Quaker had 13 violations.
- Apple slices and yogurt tubes were above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
- An egg was broken inside a carton of eggs. The carton was sitting on top of uncooked bacon. The eggs and bacon were both thrown away.
- The nozzles on the smoothie machine were dirty.
- Employees did not wash their hands or change gloves when changing tasks.
- Spray chemicals were not properly stored.
- There was no paper towels at a hand sink.
- The dish washer was not plugged-in, and the three-compartment sink was not set-up. The manager and employees told the inspector they did not use them.
- Dishwasher racks were on the floor.
- A box of napkins were on the floor.
- Employees were not properly restraining their hair and beards.
- The was standing water along the wall in the dry storage area.
- The certified food manager certificate and city food permit were not posted.
The inspector notes, due to the number and the nature of the violations management did not show proper food safety knowledge.
The re-inspection report shows most violations have been corrected.
Now to the good news.
There’s only one top performer:
- Polly’s Place at 1815 Ave. B