LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A new burger joint in Lubbock lands at the bottom of the list, but it’s not all bad news in this week’s Food for Thought.
KCBD NewsChannel 11′s Christy Hartin serves up this week’s menu.
Toro Burger at 7706 Milwaukee had 12 violations.
- Cooked foods were not reheated to at least 165 degrees.
- Frozen chicken was thawing in a sink without running water.
- Raw bacon and eggs were stored over ready-to-eat foods. Dirty dishes were stacked with clean dishes.
- There was sticker residue on containers.
- Wet dishes were stacked together. Knives were stored behind the sink.
- A spray bottle was not labeled. Toxic cleaners were stored over food items.
- There was no cold water at a hand sink.
- There was no “hand washing only” sign at the hand sinks. There was no certified food manager certificate posted.
- A ceiling tile was missing above the walk-in cooler.
- Personal drinks were stored above food service items.
- There was no consumer advisory posted.
The inspector notes, due to the violations managerial control was not demonstrated.
The report shows most violations were corrected during the inspection.
Now to the good news.
Here's a look at this week's top performers:
- Barbie’s Daylight Donuts at 11814 Indiana
- Heff’s Burgers at 2401 Glenna Goodacre