LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - For the past eight years, Lubbock ISD has enshrined athletic greats into their Athletic Hall of Honor.
Wednesday afternoon, LISD announced their 2019 class will have seven individuals, a tennis duo and a track & field team.
“It is our ninth class that we have inducted, and what amazing about it is that our ninth class is so strong,” Chairman David Thetford said. “You are just so impressed with the honorees that are going in this year… Every year we are just so honored by the accomplishments and to be able to point out the accomplishments for these great athletes and coaches at Lubbock ISD.”
Here is the Lubbock ISD Athletic Hall of Honor Class of 2019:
- Bobby Brown; Lubbock High Football & Baseball - 1947-50
- Cal Lowery; Lubbock ISD Athletic Supporter
- Elton Conger; Dunbar Football & Track - 1963-66
- David Moody; Estacado Football – 1967-70
- Randy Dean; Coronado Boys Basketball Coach – 2001-17
- Kathy Kuhne Vick; Monterey Tennis – 1974 -77
- Jerry Haggard; Monterey Basketball & Baseball - 1961-64
- 1962/1963 Dunbar State Champion Track & Field Teams
- Tanya Hamilton & Lara Mahaney; Coronado 1987 State Champion Girls’ Doubles Tennis Team