LUBBOCK, TX (NEWS RELEASE) - On April 23rd, multiple law enforcement agencies conducted a joint operation with the focus of cracking down on illegal gambling at game rooms and crimes such as robberies, thefts, drugs, prostitution and gang related activity that is often associated with these businesses.
A total of five federal search warrants were executed on Tuesday afternoon as part of the ongoing investigation and enforcement of gambling laws. Searches were conducted at the following locations:
- Game room located 719 FM 1585
- Ugly Betty’s game room located at 3701 North Frankford
- Coyote Moon game room located at 700 West Division Street in Slaton
- A home located in the 4700 block of 109th Street
- An office located in the Pyramid Plaza located at 3223 South Loop 289
Computers, electronics and documents were seized at these games rooms and related locations in order to further the investigation into the suspected illegal activity.
Tuesday’s operation is part of an effort to curb the increase of criminal activity at area game rooms over the last several years.
This remains an ongoing joint investigation by LPD’s Special Operations Unit, Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Service, Texas Anti-Gang (TAG) Center, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).