Good morning and thank you for joining us!
This morning on Daybreak Today, one person has died after a crash on Slaton Highway Sunday night.
- The Texas Department of Public Safety reports the crash was between a semi and pickup truck near Slaton Highway and Farm-to-Market Road 835.
- The identity of the person who died has not been released to the public.
- KCBD NewsChannel 11 will update its website when more information becomes available: 1 dead after Sunday night crash on Slaton Highway
Tornadic storms were reported across the viewing area Sunday night. Most of the South Plains stayed under a Tornado Watch until 2 a.m. Monday, though no injuries or heavy damage was reported.
- One tornado was spotted near Dimmitt and others were reported around the Earth and Dimmitt areas.
- A slideshow of some of those tornadoes and other storm activity can be found here: Dangerous storms moving out of viewing area Sunday night
- Monday is expected to remain calm with little-to-no severe weather activity. Keep your fingers crossed.
Texas Tech has been chosen as one of the 16 regional sites for the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship.
- Each regional field will have four teams playing in double elimination rounds this weekend.
- This morning at 11 a.m. Tech will find out who will play in Lubbock.
- This is the seventh time Tech will host a regional tournament.
- Read more here: No. 7 Texas Tech Selected as NCAA Regional Host Site
Because today is Memorial Day, some businesses may be closed. However, there is a ton of other organizations, businesses, people, etc. hosting events to commemorate those who have lost their lives while serving the U.S.
- A list of Memorial Activity events can be found here: Schedule of events for Memorial Day 2019
And don’t forget to enter yourself into the drawing for a FREE Daybreak Today coffee mug. Details can be found here: Daybreak Today Coffee Mug Giveaway
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.