Good morning and thank you for joining us!
This morning on Daybreak Today, the Texas Tech Red Raiders will play in the first of a possible three-game series against Oklahoma State baseball in the Lubbock Super Regional.
- First pitch is set for 2 p.m. at Dan Law Field inside Rip Griffin Park. This game is sold out.
- Today’s game will be broadcast on ESPN 2.
- Saturday’s game is slated for 5 p.m. and if necessary so will Sunday’s game.
- Read more here: Game times announced for Lubbock Super Regional
A Snyder woman died after a two-vehicle crash Thursday morning west of Slaton on U.S. Highway 84.
- Maria Jasper, who was 42 years old, died after her white SUV hit a black pickup truck.
- The driver of the black pickup, 20-year-old Hayden Powers, was taken to Lubbock’s University Medical Center with incapacitating injuries.
- Read more here: Driver identified after fatal crash outside Slaton Thursday morning
The FCC voted on Thursday to allow phone companies to block robocalls from its consumers.
- The FCC’s ruling allows companies to block the calls with getting consumer’s permission first.
- However, there is no guarantee phone companies will offer the call-blocking service for free.
- Read more from the Associated Press here: FCC gives phone companies new tools to fight robocalls
And don’t forget to enter yourself into the drawing for a FREE Daybreak Today coffee mug. Details can be found here: Daybreak Today Coffee Mug Giveaway
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
Read more Thursday stories here:
- Lubbock family accepts French Legion of Honor on behalf of father who served on D-Day
- Citizens Tower parking not done by Nov. 7 move-in
- Reagor: We’ve paid Vista Bank back
- Judge grants suppression of DWI evidence over dispute about officer’s oath for search warrant
- United Way announces summer reading events, parenting expert weighs in
- Lubbock Subway franchisee pays nearly $80k in back wages, damages
- Gov. Greg Abbott signs several school safety bills in wake of shooting at Santa Fe High
- HEALTH ALERT: Raccoon in Lubbock tests positive for rabies