Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, nine Muleshoe Elementary School students are recovering in area hospitals after the bus they were in was hit by a semi-truck Tuesday afternoon.
- Eight of the students were taken to the Muleshoe Area Medical Center and another to Lubbock’s University Medical Center; all injuries were non-incapacitating.
- An initial report from the Department of Public Safety said while the bus was traveling on a highway the semi-truck tried to pass it but hit the bus.
- The driver of the semi was also taken to UMC with incapacitating injuries.
- Read more here: 9 children, driver hospitalized after school bus and semi-truck crash in West Texas
A toddler and another person were hospitalized after they were attacked by their dog in Slaton Tuesday afternoon.
- Emergency officials were called to their home before 1 p.m. Tuesday after the dog began to attack the toddler while he was playing on a trampoline.
- The child’s mother and another 17-year-old tried to help the toddler and were bitten by that dog and another.
- The 17-year-old was taken to a Slaton clinic for treatment but the toddler was taken to Lubbock’s University Medical Center with severe injuries.
- Read more here: Child, mother injured in Slaton dog attack
The famed Boston Red Sox player David Ortiz continues to recover in a Boston hospital after being shot while in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Sunday night.
- Ortiz is said to be stable and resting comfortably in Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Before being moved to Boston, Ortiz was in a Santo Domingo hospital where he has his gallbladder and part of his intestines removed.
- Read more from the Associated Press here: Ex-slugger David Ortiz had counted on fans to protect him
KCBD also continues to cover a standoff between one person and Lubbock police that ended moments ago.
- Police had blocked off traffic near Ironton Avenue and 66th Street to address the situation.
- There’s no word on when traffic will flow back through that area.
- Updates on that can be found here: Ironton Avenue, parts of 66th Street blocked off by Lubbock police
And don’t forget to enter yourself into the drawing for a FREE Daybreak Today coffee mug. Details can be found here: Daybreak Today Coffee Mug Giveaway
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
Read more Tuesday stories here:
- KCBD Investigates: Questions on Lubbock County discretionary budget
- 5th arrest made in murder of Tyshaun Bates
- 2 men indicted for armed robberies of Metro by T-Mobile stores
- Buddy Holly Center offering songwriting camp for kids
- 1 dead after motorcycle crash off Loop 289, I-27
- Gov. Greg Abbott signs ‘lemonade stand law’ so kids’ drink stands can’t be shut down