Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, it may be raining now but that should not last throughout the whole day.
- Storms are dwindling down and throughout part of the afternoon will dissipate nearly completely.
- Rain chances increase later this afternoon into the late evening hours and will hold steady throughout the week.
- Check for the latest weather updates in the Weather section of the KCBD free mobile app or on our website.
Four crew members are unaccounted for after a cargo vessel overturned Sunday morning off the coast of Georgia.
- The Golden Ray was turning in the St. Simons Sound around 2 a.m. when it starting leaning over on the port side.
- A total of 24 people were on board at the time. Twenty people were rescued.
- This story will be updated on the KCBD website later today.
Search warrants have been served at Truth Aquatics, the California company that owned the boat involved in a deadly fire last week.
- The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office says the warrant for the company’s offices and two remaining boats are part of an investigation by local and federal authorities.
- Thirty-four people were killed in the blaze.
- Read more here: Search warrants served in California boat fire investigation
Thousands of survivors of Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas are being evacuated from the hardest-hit island.
- Hundreds boarded ships over the weekend in Marsh Harbour.
- Many lost family or friends when the storm ravaged the northern Bahamas.
- Survivors are headed to Nassau, which was virtually untouched by the hurricane.
- Read the latest from The Associated Press here: Tourist-dependent Bahamas says it’s still open for business
More than 30 states attorneys general are expected to launch a probe into Google’s alleged anti-competitive practices.
- If there’s evidence of consumer harm and antitrust violations in the advertising arena, Google could be forced to alter its practices and algorithms, which could ultimately hurt Google’s profits.
- Read more from The AP here: States expected to target Google in new antitrust probe
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.