Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, all four crew members stuck on a disabled cargo ship off the coast of Georgia have been rescued.
- The shipped tipped onto its side after it began listing heavily Sunday morning.
- Several agencies including the NTSB are now trying to figure out what caused the vessel to capsize.
- Read the full story here: Entire crew rescued from capsized cargo ship off Ga. coast
North Korea launched at least two unidentified projectiles toward the sea today.
- This, hours after it offered to resume nuclear diplomacy with the United States but warned its dealings with Washington may end without new U.S. proposals.
- North Korea is widely believed to want the United States to provide it with security guarantees and extensive relief from the U.S.-led sactions in return for limited denuclearized steps.
- That story will be updated on the KCBD website later today.
Rescue workers wearing white hazard suits continue to search for bodies and survivors in the hurricane-ravaged Bahamas.
- The Royal Bahamas Police Force said at least 50 people died after Hurricane Dorian hit the Bahamas on Sept. 1.
- Dorian was one of the most powerful Caribbean storms on record.
- That story will also be updated on the KCBD website later today.
The man who attempted to set off a pipe bomb in the New York city subway system will be sentenced today.
- Akayed Ullah set off the bomb in December of 2017.
- He was found guilty of federal terrorism charges in November of 2018 after he told police he was inspired by the Islamic State.
- He now faces life in prison.
- That story, too, will be updated on the KCBD website later today.
Read more Monday stories here:
- Texas DPS increases reward to $10,000 for September’s Featured Fugitive
- UMC establishes first symptom management clinic for cancer patients
- Students place flags at Kastman Park for 17th annual 9/11 tribute
- Lubbock groups urge awareness, remembrance as study shows rural suicides increasing
- Bat with rabies found in southwest Lubbock
- Lubbock police no longer searching for two escapees from Juvenile Justice Center
- Woman dies 4 days after crash at Regis St. and I-27
- Moonlight Musicals to host ‘Elf The Musical’ auditions
- KCBD’s Pet of the Day: Meet Buddy