Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, the Lubbock police are asking for the public’s help to find the person or people responsible for shooting a 1-year-old through the front window of a home in northeast Lubbock.
- The incident happened just after midnight Wednesday.
- The child was taken to University Medical Center by family member.
- Those who may have information on this incident are asked to call LPD’s Crime Line at 806-741-1000.
- Read more here: Lubbock police offer reward for information about shooting that injured 1-year-old
Two murder suspect fugitives are back in police custody after making an escape in late August.
- The couple escaped last month in Utah while they were being extradited back to Arizona by overpowering guards and escaping a transport van.
- The couple was facing numerous charges including first-degree murder, arson and auto theft.
- They were also thought to be in the Lubbock-area after their escape.
- Read more from KOLD-TV in Arizona here: BREAKING: Tucson murder suspects captured
New video shows damage caused by a tornado in Sioux Falls, North Dakota.
- Drone video shows what is left of buildings and property in the city.
- The tornado ripped through the area Tuesday night leaving buildings without roofs and debris scattered everywhere.
- There are no reports of deaths or any serious injuries.
- Read more here: Apparent tornado leaves path of destruction in Sioux Falls, SD
At least 2,500 people are missing in the Bahamas.
- But government officials have cautioned some of those people may have left the country or gone to shelters.
- Hurricane Dorian hit the Bahamas as a Category 5 storm on Sept. 1.
- So far, 50 people have been confirmed dead.
- Read the latest from The Associated Press here: Tentative list of the missing in Bahamas has 2,500 names
Read more Wednesday stories here:
- 11-year-old girl has encounter with suspicious man trying to give her a ride
- TEA Commissioner visits Dunbar to see program aiming to turn school around
- Tahoka reveals Eagle of Honor memorial to honor American veterans
- Crosbyton issues public notice to boil water
- Public invited to groundbreaking ceremony for Tornado Memorial Gateway Project
- United donates $14,000 to Special Olympics Texas
- KCBD’s Pet of the Day: Meet Childers
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.