Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, a toddler is recovering after being rescued from a playa lake in Levelland.
- Police Chief Albert Garcia said the 2-year-old was playing on playground equipment in Lobo Lake Wednesday afternoon when he wondered off and fell into the water.
- He was taken to the Levelland hospital and is expected to be OK.
- Read that story here: Drowning child pulled from Lobo Lake
Lubbock police continue to investigate a burglary at the Murray Hill post office near 50th Street and Knoxville Avenue.
- Money was taken and several packages are missing after someone broke into the post office sometime this weekend.
- The suspect also tried to break into a safe but were unsuccessful.
- For those expecting a package that has not been received, there is a number and email address here: Suspects steal packages, cash from Lubbock Post Office
Gas prices took a pretty good jump in Lubbock after the massive attack on oil refineries in Saudi Arabia this weekend.
- On Friday, the average price in Lubbock was $2.20, now the average price is $2.30.
- Lubbock has seen most of the increase it’s going to experience. Now that more than half the Saudi refineries are re-opened gas prices should be trending down again soon.
- Read that full story here: Attacks in Saudi Arabia raising West Texas gas prices
We want to also let you know about a fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse for the victims of the mass shooting in Midland-Odessa.
- All Texas Roadhouse locations in Texas are participating.
- The company will donate 100 percent of its profits to the Odessa Community Foundation.
- The fundraiser begins at 4 p.m. and continues until 10 p.m.
- Details can be found here: Texas Roadhouse to donate 100% of Thursday’s profits to Odessa shooting victims
Read more Wednesday stories here:
- 2019 South Plains Honor Flight concludes with final remembrances, a hero’s welcome home
- James Braxton thankful for 5 more years to reach 100
- Texas Comptroller’s Office could be holding your money
- Texas Tech Professor Katharine Hayhoe Named UN Champion of the Earth
- Lubbock ISD home to four National Merit Semifinalists
- Hobbs, NM woman arrested after child dies in hot car
- Gary Goff sworn in as assistant District Attorney for Hockley County
- 1 hospitalized after Wednesday morning wreck near Idalou
- KCBD’s Pet of the Day: Meet Scruff
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.