Woodrow family homeless after Sunday morning fire

Woodrow family homeless after Sunday morning fire
A Woodrow family has lost everything in a fire that destroyed their home on Sunday morning. (Source: GoFundMe)

LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - A Woodrow family has lost everything in a fire that destroyed their home on Sunday morning.

The Woodrow Fire Department says says they got the call around 4:45 a.m. and found that the fire had already spread to the attic at 3301 CR 7510.

They believe the fire started with a heat lamp on the back porch.

The family got out safely but two of the family dogs died.

A Woodrow family has lost everything in a fire that destroyed their home on Sunday morning.
A Woodrow family has lost everything in a fire that destroyed their home on Sunday morning. (Source: Submitted by family (GoFundMe))

The description on their GoFundMe page says the family was awakened by their teenage son, who noticed the fire in the back of the house and woke his parents and siblings.

The house is a total loss and the family is collecting donations to help them recover. You can find their GoFundMe at the link below:

GOFUNDME: Fire leaves Erickson Family homeless!

A Woodrow family has lost everything in a fire that destroyed their home on Sunday morning.
A Woodrow family has lost everything in a fire that destroyed their home on Sunday morning. (Source: Submitted by family (GoFundMe))

On Monday morning, Lubbock-Cooper Independent School District announced it is accepting clothes donations for the family. Shayla Erickson, the mother, is an employee with LCID Middle School.

Those interested can drop off donations in the administrative offices at 13807 Indiana Ave.

Pirate family, WE NEED YOUR HELP! Over the weekend, LCMS employee Shayla Erickson and her family lost their home and all...

Posted by Lubbock-Cooper ISD on Monday, November 11, 2019

Copyright 2019 KCBD. All rights reserved.