Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, opening statements begin today in the murder trial of Juan Carlos Gallardo.
- He is accused of killing his girlfriend, Yvette Ellis, at a home in the 1600 block of 2017.
- Gallardo told investigators they fought over a gun and it went off.
- Read more here: Jury selection complete in Gallardo case; trial to begin Tuesday
A district judge ordered Bart Reagor to pay Vista Bank, nearly $1.8 million.
- The amount covers a defaulted loan, interest and attorney fees.
- Reagor claims he repaid the loan.
- Read more here: Lubbock judge orders Bart Reagor to pay Vista Bank nearly $1.8 million
Starting today, the south baggage claim area and the south door at the Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport will be closed.
- All airlines will use baggage claim 1 on the east end.
- Eventually, all airlines will use one baggage claim area with three carousels.
- Get those details here: Some areas closed due to renovations at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport
Jimmy Carter, the 95-year-old former president, is back in the hospital, this time with a urinary tract infection.
- He continues to recover in a south Georgia hospital, where he’s been since the weekend.
- This hospital stay comes six days after he was released from the hospital after brain surgery.
- Read more here: Jimmy Carter hospitalized for urinary tract infection
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.