Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, testimony continues today in the murder trial of 47-year-old Juan Gallardo.
- He testified Tuesday and said he was trying to shoot himself in 2017 but his girlfriend, Yvette Ellis, tried to take the gun away from him.
- He said they wrestled with the gun and it went off.
- Read more form the first day of testimony here: Jury selection complete in Gallardo case; trial to begin Tuesday
The owner of Pets Plus is asking for help after two English Bulldogs were stolen from its store.
- The bulldogs are both female with distinct markings and worth about $2,700 each.
- Those with any information are asked to call the store at 806-792-2111.
- Read more here: Lubbock’s Pets Plus asks for help in finding stolen English Bulldog puppies
The chemical plant fire in Port Neches is finally out.
- Several explosions rocked the plant last week, forcing thousands of residents to evacuate their homes.
- Crews are now checking the debris for dangerous chemicals. The cause of the explosion is still under investigation.
- Read more from The Associated Press here: Last of Texas plant’s fires declared ‘extinguished’
The House Judiciary Committee will have its first impeachment inquiry at 10 .m. in Washington.
- Four constitutional scholars will testify about definition of “high crimes and misdemeanors” and President Donald Trump’s conduct.
- the scholars will appear at the same time for one joint panel before the 41-member committee.
- Read that from The AP here: ‘Serious misconduct’ by Trump takes center stage at impeachment hearing
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.