Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, a storm system is crossing through the South Plains, bringing with it wind gusts, rain and colder temperatures.
- Highs today will stay around 45 with wind gusts around 45 mph.
- Rain is expected to hit parts of the South Plains but snow accumulations are not expected.
- Get the latest weather updates and road conditions here: Windy and much colder Tuesday, light wintry mix possible
A federal court in Amarillo is rescheduling the sentencing dates for three former Reagor-Dykes Auto Group employees.
- They are among 12 people who pleaded guilty in a check-kiting scheme.
- There is no word on why the hearings have been rescheduled.
- Read that story here: All 3 January sentencing hearings in RDAG criminal case cancelled
Investigators say Kobe Bryant’s helicopter sought tower guidance in heavy fog, moments before it crashed.
- The pilot said he was going to climb above a cloud layer before the chopper crashed into a hill in Calabasas, California.
- Read the latest here: Kobe Bryant’s sudden death in helicopter crash shocks fans, athletes around the world
Hong Kong will limit travel from mainland China, suspending it’s rail service and cutting flights in-and-out of the country by half.
- The number of deaths related to the deadly Wuhan coronavirus has risen to 106.
- The United States is also telling U.S. citizens to avoid all non-essential travel to all parts of China, not just Wuhan.
- Read the latest on that virus here: Wuhan officials face anger over virus response as several countries prepare evacuation from epicenter
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.