LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -
Enter Mortgage Free For A Year Giveaway
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KCBD-TV and City Bank Mortgage 5219 City Bank Parkway, Lubbock, TX 79407 (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins at 3/2/2020 at 12:00 am and ends at 11:59 pm on 3/26/2020. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 3/26/2020. Promotion is subject to local, state, and federal laws, and is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This promotion is no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or associated in any way with Facebook.com. Apple is not a sponsor or involved in this activity in any matter.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: Parmer, Castro, Swisher, Briscoe, Hall, Bailey, Lamb, Hale, Floyd, Motley, Cottle, Cochran, Hockley, Lubbock, Crosby, Dickens, King, Yoakum, Terry, Lynn, Garza, Kent, Gaines, Dawson, Borden, and Scurry, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KCBD-TV, the other Sponsor(s)-City Bank and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00 am on 3/2/2020 individuals can log on to www.kcbd.com/mortgage and answer the questions provided by City Bank Mortgage: “1) Name, Address, Phone Number, & Email. 2) Do you currently Rent or Own? 3) Do you plan to purchase a home in the next 1-6 months, 6 months-1 year, More than 1 year, or never. 4) If you currently own your home, what is your approximate interest rate?” Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 3/26/2020 in order to qualify. Winner must have a valid current monthly residential mortgage or rental lease obligation in his/her name in effect at the time of entry in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KCBD-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KCBD-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information, including but not limited to the entrant’s contact information, email address, and all information contained in the entrant’s registration (see questions listed above), to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. KCBD-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s) or the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic or commercial works contained in his/her entry, including any images, logos, music, videos, and/or literary or written content (even if such works are in the background). In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third-party rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, and privacy rights contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, message board, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion. If any entry: (1) contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or racially or morally offensive; (2) does not comply with these rules; or (3) does not meet Sponsor(s) standards for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to reject the entry as ineligible for submission. Please see our website’s Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
6. Prize(s). City Bank Mortgage will pay the winner’s total residential mortgage or rental lease for a period of twelve (12) consecutive calendar months (“Payment Period”) beginning with the May 2020 payment cycle. The total prize will be based on the winner’s monthly, verified residential mortgage or rental lease payment obligation, capped at a total of $14,400 (or $1,200 per month). In the event that the winner's mortgage or rental lease has fewer than twelve (12) months remaining as of 4/02/2020, winner will receive payments only for the period covering the remaining term of his or her residential mortgage or rental lease, subject to a $1,200 per month cap. Prize is applicable only for the winner's legal residence as of 4/02/2020 and will not extend to any other or future residences.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
7. How the Prizes are Awarded.
For four weeks a City Bank Mortgage Representative will draw one semifinalist from the hopper for a KCBD-TV look-live. Each drawing will take place on 3/06/2020, 3/13/2020, 3/20/2020, and 3/27/2020. By 3/30/2020, each of the four semifinalists must provide official documentation to establish that the residential mortgage or rental lease obligation in his/her name, the total number of months remaining on the residential mortgage or rental lease, and the total monthly payment. The sufficiency of the documentation provided is to be determined solely by the Sponsor(s). If any of the four semifinalists are unable to provide such documentation by 3/30/2020, he/she will be disqualified and a new semifinalist will be selected by a City Bank Mortgage Representative. The new semifinalist must provide official documentation prior to the Grand Prize Winner drawing on 3/31/2020. Once the total housing expense is verified, the four semifinalists must be present at City Bank 5219 City Bank Pkwy, Lubbock, TX, 79407 on 3/31/2020. Through a random number drawing, each of the 4 semifinalists will have the opportunity to sit in front of 1 of 4 boxes. All 4 semifinalists will raise their boxes upon a cue given by a City Bank Mortgage representative. The semifinalist with the house under their box will be the Grand Prize Winner and receive mortgage free for a year. Semifinalists must be present to be named the Grand Prize Winner. If a semifinalist is unable to be present at City Bank 5219 City Bank Pkwy, Lubbock, TX, 79407 on 3/31/2019, an immediate family member over the age of 18 years old may draw on the semifinalists behalf. If an immediate family member is not available, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to draw another semifinalist.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver’s license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release prior to taking possession of the prize. Semifinalists must be present at City Bank 5219 City Bank Pkwy, Lubbock, TX, 79407 on 3/31/2020 to be named the Grand Prize Winner. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 3/31/2020 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KCBD-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KCBD-TV if KCBD-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KCBD-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto, including any information that is publicly available on the winner’s social media profile or account, or to which the winner gave Sponsor(s) permission to access, either directly or indirectly, through the Social Media Sites or any related application.
10. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
11. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KCBD-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KCBD-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
12. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 5600 Avenue A, Lubbock, TX 79404 by May 1, 2020.
Enter Mortgage Free For A Year Giveaway