Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, Lubbock County added 54 new COVID-19 cases.
- Of those cases, 41 are hospitalized and 19 of those patients are in the ICU.
- Lubbock’s Health Department Director, Katherine Wells said, this decrease in reported cases is because testing clinics were closed over the weekend.
- Hear what she said here: Katherine Wells provides COVID-19 update before holiday weekend
The number of hospitalized Texans with COVID has gone up.
- Now, there are 5,913 people in Texas hospitals with the virus.
- That is the highest number of hospitalized so far.
- Read more from The Texas Tribune: More than 5,900 patients in Texas are hospitalized with coronavirus, a record-breaking number
Early voting continues today for the primary runoff elections.
- So far, 983 people have cast a ballot in Lubbock County.
- Early voting runs through July 10 and Election Day is July 14.
- Read more: Early voting for July 14 Texas runoff election
Those who have not filed their taxes have about two weeks to get it done.
- The IRS says it will not extend its July 15 deadline to file or pay taxes.
- The original April 15 deadline was extended because of the pandemic.
- Read more here: IRS is not extending tax deadline: 2019 returns must be filed by July 15
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.