Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, Lubbock County reported another 105 new cases of COVID-19 and three more deaths.
- There are now 1,994 active cases in the county.
- The death total has risen to 75 people.
- Get a detailed look here: COVID-19: Lubbock reports 105 new cases and 3 new deaths on Tuesday, 136 new recoveries
The number of new Texas coronavirus cases and deaths has increased.
- There are currently almost 144,000 active cases of the virus in the state and more than 5,800 deaths.
- Hospitalizations have started to level off.
- Read more from The Texas Tribune here: More than 150 Texans have died from the coronavirus daily for six of the last seven days
All Lubbock Independent School District students will use devices to learn, whether they are in class or learning from home.
- The district has also outlined protocols for testing and isolating when contact is made with an infected person.
- KCBD’s Camelia Juarez has a detailed look at LISD’s processes: On-campus return, student health remain top priority for LISD
President Donald Trump will be in Midland today.
- He will visit an oil rig and attend a campaign fundraiser.
- Polls show the president is in a dead heat with Joe Biden in Texas.
- Read more here: President Trump to visit West Texas on Wednesday
Russia says it could approve a coronavirus vaccine in less than two weeks.
- Scientist say it was modified from an existing vaccine, allowing them to work faster.
- Read more here: Exclusive: Russia claims it’s on track to approve Covid-19 vaccine by mid-August. But speed of process raises questions
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.