Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, Lubbock County reported an additional 74 cases of COVID-19 in its latest update.
- There are now 1,959 active cases.
- No new deaths were reported.
- Get a detailed look here: COVID-19: Lubbock reports 74 new cases and on Wednesday, with 108 new recoveries
The State of Texas is reporting its highest new daily death count since the pandemic.
- In its latest update, the state shows 313 new COVID-related deaths were reported.
- The previous new daily high was 197.
- Read more from The Texas Tribune here: Texas reports more than 300 new coronavirus deaths, a record high
The United States now has more than 150,000 confirmed deaths from COVID.
- California, Florida and Texas reported the highest single day deaths on Wednesday.
- A new report from medical experts calls for local, state and federal governments to reset pandemic responses to gain control of the pandemic.
- Read more here: US death toll from COVID tops 150,000 as virus aid talks continue
Texas representative Loui Gohmert tested positive for COVID.
- He says he does not have any symptoms but will self-quarantine for 10 days and will wear a mask to protect others.
- All members of Congress are now required to wear masks on Capitol Hill.
- Read more here: Rep. Gohmert tests positive for COVID before planned trip with Trump
Senate lawmakers continue to fight over unemployment benefits in the latest coronavirus relief package.
- Republicans say the current $600 payment, which ends tomorrow, keeps people from looking for work.
- Democrats say cutting their payments will leave families hungry.
- Read more here: Democrats, GOP far apart on virus aid; Trump wants a deal
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.