Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, Lubbock County added 59 new cases of COVID-19.
- There are now 1,871 active cases of the virus.
- Hospitalizations have dropped to 101 people with 48 patients in the ICU.
- Get a detailed look here: COVID-19: Lubbock reports 59 new cases on Monday, 88 new recoveries
- Take a look at the numbers across the state here: Texas reports over 7,000 people have died from coronavirus
Police are investigating a drive-by shooting reported near South Loop 289 and Indiana Avenue.
- Witnesses say a man was walking on Tuesday afternoon when someone in a car shot him.
- EMS took the victim to a hospital with serious injuries.
- Read more here: One person shot, seriously injured at South Loop 289 & Indiana Ave, LPD on scene
Tropical Storm Isaias is making its way through the East Coast right now.
- Its biggest threats are heavy rain and strong winds.
- The storm has lost strength after being categorized as a Category I hurricane on Monday night.
- Get the latest details here: Flooding, power outages plague Carolinas as Isaias weakens to tropical storm
Today is the one-year anniversary of the Dayton, Ohio shooting rampage.
- A gunman killed nine people and injured 17 others outside of a bar.
- He was killed by police before he could run inside.
- Read more here: Dayton will mark mass shooting anniversary virtually amid Covid-19 pandemic
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.